Saturday, May 23, 2009











The workshop manual arrived this week and so I started the dismantling phase this afternoon. I was dying to get started early but family duties took precedence in the morning.


I drained the fuel tank by removing the fuel pump and syphoning the petrol out, then removed the fuel tank and all of the fuel lines. Next to go was the fuel filter and the carbon canister. This is really a dangerous operation as petrol keeps spurting out of the lines as you remove each part. I made sure I had a couple of fire extinguishers nearby ready to go and cleaned up each spill as it happened.
The exhaust system is next so I started off by giving each nut a good spray of CRC to try to free up the rust. It worked on the catalytic converter nuts but not the rear join. So tomorrow I will use a grinder to cut those off.

No comments:

Post a Comment