Monday, June 7, 2010

I got the charger back from repair installed it and charged up the battery. On the weekend I fitted the power socket behind the fuel flap, wired it up, finished tidying up the battery wiring, fitted some plastic sheet into the battery box lid and fitted the lid.

The back seat was then installed and at first it didn't fit. A piece of trim under the seat was fouling the battery box lid mounting bolts. 5 minutes later after the jigsaw had its way with the trim it all fit
with nothing to spare.

The hand brake cable no longer fits so I took it to ATS Cables to get a special cable made. Thanks to Graeme from Suzuki Springwood for the tip. I will pick it up tomorrow and install it tomorrow night.

This will finish the rear section of the car.

What's left?
Wire motor speed sensor
Fit a cover to the controller bus bars
Fit and wire heater switch and test heater
Make and fit a hold down bracket for the aux battery
Fine tune vacuum modulator push rod length
Fit BMS master into dashboard
Fit Asus EEE PC into dash
Fit warning HV stickers to relevent bits

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see how you fit the EeePC into the dash. A while ago I figured that a 7" eeepc screen should just about fit into a double-din sized head unit space. But also my 10" eee pc should fit in profile into the centre console, sacrificing a couple of storage slots and I'd lose the aircon control panel, too.

    But now I'm not doing an EV car, so it doesn't matter. Though it is tempting to see if a 7" could fit on the top of the tank on an EV motorcycle... haha

    ReplyDelete