Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ready for Rego




Well it's finished. Last Monday the certification engineer did the final inspection of the car and it passed!!!.




He now has to write a report to Qld Transport and include the NCOP14 check sheet. It will then take 3-6 weeks for them to approve the vehicle and forward the approval docs. A roadworthy certificate will also probably be required. I can hardly wait.




I have a few shows lined up to display the EV. The Alternative Technology Association are having an EV open day at Albion. I won't be registered by then but I will be borrowing Graeme's (Suzi Springwood) trade plates to get it there (~1Km). I have also been asked to display it at the Green House at the Woodford Folk Festival at Christmas.




I have still got a fair bit of fine tuning to finish the car. The auto box still lurches if you accelerate quickly from stopped. I will have to include the electric pressure pump to keep the clutches engaged and this will stop the lurching. The gear change points are set about the right speed now but it still changes gear a bit hard. I have to come up with a simple way to drive the vacuum modulator push rod so that it goes in by 4mm under full throttle and pulls back out when idle. I am thinking maybe a model servo connected to the pushrod through adjustable linkages. The servo input can be modified to take a variable DC voltage instead of the normal pulse train by removing the integrator circuit in it's front end. It can the be driven from the throttle pot.




There is also some noise problems with the BMS causing random alarms and also fine tune the State of Charge calculation.




No comments:

Post a Comment